|Swimming Pools are a great feature for Arizona Homes!|
Pool Safety Information
It is starting to get hot here in Arizona. Many people are starting to travel to cooler places, go to the lake, or spend more time in the swimming pool. Pools can be a great way to cope with the Arizona heat in the summer. However, pools can be dangerous if not used correctly and the proper precautions are not taken.
The main thing that homeowners need to know is that they are usually responsible for what happens in their pool and on their property. It is important to make sure that you meet all local and state laws regarding pool fences, gates, and other requirements. To see the state laws visit the Arizona Department of Health Services website at http://www.azdhs.gov/phs/oeh/pool_rules.htm. Also be sure to check with your city to see any local laws.
The Arizona Department of Health Services recommends the following for pool safety:
- Never leave a child unattended in the pool or pool area.
- Because flotation devices and swimming lessons are not substitutes for supervision, a child should always be watched when in or around the pool area.
- CPR/CCR instructions and the 911 emergency number (or local emergency number) should be posted in the pool area.
- A phone should be located in the pool area or easily accessible in case of an emergency.
- All residential pool owners should attend water rescue and CPR/CCR classes. Lifesaving equipment should be easily accessible and stored n the pool area.
- All gate locks and latches should be checked regularly to insure they are working properly.
- A gate should never be left propped open.
- All items that could be used to climb a pool barrier should be removed from around the barrier.
- In an emergency:
- Shout for help;
- Pull the child from the water;
- Call 911 (or local emergency number) for help; and
- After checking the child’s airway and breathing, immediately begin CPR/CCR if necessary.
Arizona – Phoenix Area Homes For Sale with a Pool
Pool safety is very serious, but swimming pools can be enjoyable as well. Pools can provide relaxation, enjoyment, and an escape on hot days. Many homes in the Phoenix area have pools. Please click on the link below or contact me if you are looking for a home with a pool.
Leave a Reply